Tuesday, April 01, 2008

 

Our Trip to The Washington Post: A day to remember

Students and faculty who were lucky enough to make our cutoff for the trip to Washington on March 28 came back with lots of excitement and great ideas. I plan to do a full post (or more) on some of the great things Rob Curley showed us and talked about. In the meantime, I'll let some of the students do the talking via their blogs.

Annie Sullivan: "Overflowing with personality, Curley showed an impressive interactive slideshow of projects he has been part of in the past. Listening to him for 3 hours was like watching an exciting, educational, and downright comedic television show."

Ryan Reed: "On the way back to campus we all discussed what we learned from the day. I believe everyone was inspired to learn and do more when it comes to online journalism. As a senior graduating in May, the trip proved to be invaluable and I plan on taking what I learned with me wherever I may end up."

Heidi Greenleaf:
"I now realize the significance of online journalism and the role it will play in the future of newspapers. Not only do I have to know how to write, take photos, blog, edit audio and video, but I also have to put all of these ideas together to create a multimedia package for whatever I’m writing about."

Noelle Ciara: "Annie, Danielle, and I are very inspired to start our own blog-type of website for TU students. There is so much that we’re missing out on and we’ve got big plans to change it. ;-)"

Update (April 8)
Two more students have posted on the trip:

Danielle Dyer: "Rob Curley jumps into all aspects of his job. No assignment is too small or unimportant. He truly makes you want to make every little, minuscule thing lavish and extravagant."

Jon Parr: "My teachers have been incredible in showing me what skills I'll need in the real world. But nothing could have prepared me for Rob Curley... nothing. A week later, my head is still reeling over what he showed us, what he taught us. This wasn't a field trip to the Washington Post, it was a few hours into Curley's mind."

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?